Hawaiian Honu
Isn't it cute!!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
A New Year 2009
Unbelievable 2009 is here already. Where did 2008 go, as a matter of fact where have the last 20 years gone. My oldest, sweet Kati, turned 20, my beautiful Meghan turned 18. Luke(who just yesterday) was my baby boy got his drivers license and my baby, little Emily, is not so little anymore, on the edge of her teen years at 12. If someone had told me 20 years ago how it would go so fast and all seem like a blur I am not so sure I would have believed them. I feel so blessed to have been home with my children their whole lives. My wonderful husband has shared and encouraged my desire to be a stay at home mom and I would not change this for anything. There were and still are so many days that I think I will not last but I have no regrets only wonderful memories. I pray that every Mom would realize the value of being a Mom. It is a calling from God, not one to be taken lightly. We have the opportunity to impact the next generation, so Mom's out there - ENJOY every moment, from changing diapers and cleaning spitup to potty training and eventually driver training. It goes by all too quickly and we are left wondering what do we do with ourselves now that the kids are self sufficient (we get dogs?). Never fear, though, at 20, 18, 16, and 12 there is rarely a day that goes by when one of them (at least) does not need Mom for something. Come to think of it, it is something you never outgrow (I still need my Mom too!!) Happy 2009 everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Keeping up with the Jones's
No comments:
Post a Comment