We don't get much snow here in NC but I have managed each winter with the one meager snowfall to make a snowball and put it in the freezer. Then when summer comes and the kids are swimming I will pull out the snowball. It is a fun tradition. I am praying for at least 1 inch of snow. We shall see. If it is more, I will post some pics tomorrow.
On another subject I thought I would share how we got started homeschooling. 10 years ago, one morning God totally changed my outlook on homeschooling. I had friends who homeschooled, I was perfectly happy with having my kids in Christian school. I woke up with the thought on my mind and it wouldn't leave. Then I opened my bible to Exodus 35:36 And He has put in his heart the ability to teach, [in] him and Aholiab the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan. Well that was pretty much it. How could I argue with that. My only argument was that I am not a teacher. I still say that, but God somehow manages to educate my children through me. That pretty much shut down any arguments. I think Richard had already come to this conclusion but was waiting for God to reveal it to me.
Anyway it has been a wonderful journey. We used to take it year by year whether or not we would continue homeschooling but now we are hooked. We are in it for the duration, which is in sight considering we have graduated one, the 2nd one is a senior and Luke is a junior. That leaves Emily with 5 more years and then I don't know what I will do. It has been a wonderful journey. I would not change it if I could. What a joy obedience brings. Not that there were not many hard times but that is a subject for another day.
1 comment:
I'll have plenty of children needing "schooling" in 5 years... so let me know if you are bored and get the itch to teach (wink wink) :-)
But really, the fact that your family has homeschooled successfully is such an encouragement to me. And your kids are awesome! I hate jokes I hear on TV about homeschoolers being unsocial, or uneducated. Actually, I have found many homeschoolers to be MORE mature than their public school peers.
Post a Comment