A few of by blogger friends have started a trend that I think is cool. They are writing flashbacks of their family. Now most of these ladies have young children and so they don't have to remember so far back, but I must dig a little. I am fully confident that once I start digging I will have more than enough memories. Most of my funniest memories involve my son Luke, who is now 16. He is and always was one who made us laugh.
Maybe it has something to do with how he came into this world. When Richard & I started out we planned on having children about 2 years apart. Things were going along as planned. Kati was 2 when Meghan was born. Meghan was a more high maintenance child than Kati but she was starting to settle down. She was 6 months old and a very happy baby. I figured it was time to lose the extra baby weight. I started on my diet in earnest and after a few days was not feeling well. It got worse and I thought, "I know this feeling." A got a pregnancy test and sure enough it was positive. I remember putting the stick on Richard's dresser and when he came home from work and saw it all he could do was pace back and forth and say "oh my gosh, oh my gosh." Needless to say, we got over our shock and Luke was born, quite a surprise when Meghan was only 15 1/2 months old. So much for our well ordered plans. Anyway Luke was a wonderfully easy baby and a joy. The 3 kids were so close when they were younger and Richard and I were very careful for a long time after that. I was not ready for any more children for quite some time.
No comments:
Post a Comment