Hawaiian Honu
Isn't it cute!!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Crazy Busy Week
This week has been slightly crazy. Started off wonderful - Resurrection Sunday!! What blessed worship services. What a wonderful Savior we have!! Actually I must backtrack to our Maundy Thursday service. Pastor Bitterman commented on a column that had been in our local paper the previous week, written by a local pastor. Of course being the curious woman that I am I had to go online and look it up to read the entire thing for myself. I don't know whether I was more angry or shocked that such blasphemy had been written by a pastor of a very large church here in town. Basically his premise was that Jesus died to show us what love looked like. He did not die to "appease an angry God." Apparently this man has never read Johnathan Edwards "Sinners in the hand of an Angry God." Maybe he "skipped class" the day in seminary when they read in Isaiah where it please God to bruise Him. Or maybe he skimmed over Romans where it reads "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God", and "the wages of sin is death". Our God is a just God, He tells us "be holy as I am holy." Unfortunately we can never measure up, there must be justice dispensed. He left out the part where God in His mercy provided a sacrifice once for all time, to take away our sins. God is angry, he hates sin, he demands justice. It saddens me to think the number of people this man is leading astry, with a false view of a Holy, Just God. I thank Him that I have a wonderful Pastor who preaches the whole counsel of God, teaching us the dangers of heresy. Thank you Chris!!! Well, enough venting, more about my crazy week next post. Bedtime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Keeping up with the Jones's
No comments:
Post a Comment